City Meeting Schedule
The City Council meets the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets on an ‘as’ needed basis at City Hall, 1st Thursday of each month.
2017/2018 City Council Meeting Schedule (1st & 3rd Wednesdays, unless noted)
-Wednesday, January 4, 2017 - Wednesday, September 6
-Wednesday, January 18 - Wednesday, September 20
- Wednesday, February 1 - Wednesday, October 4
- Wednesday, February 15 - Wednesday, October 18
- Wednesday, March 1 - Wednesday, November 1
- Wednesday, March 15 - Wednesday, November 15
- Wednesday, April 5 - Wednesday, December 6
- Wednesday, April 19 - Wednesday, December 20
- Wednesday, May 3 - Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- Wednesday, May 17 - Wednesday, January 17
- Wednesday, June 2 - Wednesday, February 7
- Wednesday, June 16 - Wednesday, February 21
- Wednesday, July 5 - Wednesday, March 7
- Wednesday, July 19 - Wednesday, March 21
- Wednesday, August 2 - Wednesday, April 4
- Wednesday, August 16 - Wednesday, April 18
City Hall Holidays
-New Year's Day - Thursday, January 1
-Martin Luther King Day - Monday, January 19
--Memorial Day - Monday, May 25
-Independence Day – Saturday, July 4, observed Friday, July 3
-Labor Day - Monday, September 7
-Veteran's Day - Wednesday, November 11
-Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26
-Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 27
-Christmas Day - Friday, December 25
Minutes of Open Meetings:
All public bodies shall keep written minutes of all their open meetings. Minutes shall include, but need not be limited to:
- The date, time and place of the meeting
- The members of the public body recorded as either present or absent
- A summary of discussion on all matters proposed, deliberated, or decided, and a record of any votes taken
The minutes of meetings open to the public shall be available for public inspection within seven (7) days of the approval of such minutes by the governing body.
Public notice must be given for all meetings, whether open or closed to the public. Public notice is given by posting a copy of the notice at the principal office of the body holding the meeting.
An agenda for each regular meeting is required to be posted forty-eight (48) hours in advance of such meeting. Public notice of any special meeting shall be given forty-eight (48) hours before such meeting, which notice shall also include the agenda for the meeting.
Public hearing requirements could include:
Posting at City Hall no less than twenty (20) days before the Hearing
Publishing in a newspaper of local circulation no less than twenty (20) days before the Hearing
Direct mailing to parties directly affected no less than twenty (20) days before the Hearing
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest law seeks to minimize the extent to which public employees pursue their own financial interests at the expense of the public interest.
No elected or appointive city official or employee, whether paid or unpaid, shall engage in any business or transaction or shall have a financial or other personal interest, direct or indirect, which is incompatible with the proper discharge of his or her duties in the public interest or would tend to impair his or her independence of judgment or action in the performance of his or her official duties. Personal as distinguished from financial interest includes an interest arising from blood or marriage relationships or close business or political association. Specific conflicts of interest are enumerated below for the guidance or officials and employees:
Incompatible employment - no elected or appointive city official or employee shall engage in or accept private employment or render services for private interests when such employment or service is incompatible with the proper discharge of his or her official duties or would tend to impair his or her independence of judgment or action in the performance of his or her official duties.